Monday, March 28, 2016

C.T. Phone Home

I created this blog in 2008 because I was moving to Cape Town for 6 months and wanted to write about it for my friends and family.

It's easier to blog than to answer the same thrilled question--"How is the place where you are?"--fifteen times.

Also, my mom liked it.

Since then, this blog has been a dusty spot, mostly, with some small postcards about Wisconsin for the people I love who are not in Wisconsin.

Now I am moving to New York. This time, not for 6 months (hopefully) and instead for the forseeable future, until the part of the future that trails off into a question mark.

I have lived all but 19 months in Madison, Wisconsin. 13 of those months were in Baraboo, Wisconsin, just a small sigh away, still fully in Wisconsin, still spending weekends in my hometown.

I think I am going to be blogging more, now. Already I am fielding the same question dozens of times.

Do you know where you are living yet? No.
Will you be skating in New York? I have begun talks, but my body and life may not accommodate it immediately. 
Are you excited? I keep waiting to be told this is a joke or a dream.
Will you miss Wisconsin? My lungs collapse at the thought.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

So glad this still exists! <3